Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thing 5

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com

Ok, that was fun. Better to be petting the cats than warholizing them, however. You can't see my warholized cats, you say? That's because the output is so tiny, and enlarging it creates an even more annoying pixilated appearance. But click on it to see a full-sized image of Alex ala Marilyn.

There were a couple other problems with http://bighugelabs.com/photos/b2bcc4fe30cc71051b032c6860696564/warholizer9724646
as well.

For one thing, the edit button was not visible without scrolling down, so when I used the Back button to go back and edit, my work had been erased. Not the smartest move, I suppose, but elegant programming would place the necessary buttons on the screen where work is being created.

The link to upload my trading card
took me to this:


It's a warning not to link to Flickr. Great. I've just wasted another hour fooling around with Thing 5 and lost my work.

Luckily, I had saved a draft to my computer so I will be able to print those trading cards and hand them out to fans.

SnagIt does a nice job with screen captures, however.

No comments: