Sunday, July 13, 2008

THING 13

On Using ThinkFree Office and I quote from its site:
Ubiquitous Document Access
Your files will never be in the wrong location again. Using any computer connected to the internet, you can store and access all your documents in our secure storage server.

Wow! Never again will I be sitting in the small town public ibrary using the only Internet access available within 30 miles of my cabin, wishing that I had access to file from my home computer I hadn't thought to save to my flash drive. If I don't care about my privacy, that is.

Any Internet file storing site today includes in their privacy policy a disclaimer that files stored are secure unless a government agency requests them as part of an investigation. If, as a licensed teacher in the State of Minnesota, I had decided to follow through on a commenter to Thing 12's suggestion that I look up "hogtied bondage" on Wikipedia, then I save the site to blog about later in my response to the Thing 12 commenter, then forever after that file and that URL from the visited site remain in ThinkFree Office, where I composed my response before copying and pasting it into Blogger, where it can be subpoenaed for any investigation into my character and suitability for working with children. We know that, because a District Judge just decided that Google must turn over all records of whoever has visited any YouTube video ever. So much for privacy on the Internet, including ThinkFree. Interesting name. Sounds like Freedom. Which we have less and less of.

Online Calendars
I don't live like that.

http://lifedev.net/big-list-of-online-productivity-tools/
Many choices there! I could create a PowerPoint presentation and post it to a blog. I won't take the time for that now.

Slim Timer
Oh, boy. Now I'll be able to discover how much time I am really spending on a Thing rather than going by intuition and infrequent clock checks. If I can figure out how to get it to work. It is really a mystery. The FAQs say "...once the clock starts..." but I don't see any information about how to start the clock running. "Click on the icon." I do that and an opportunity to edit the task pops up. I'll wait ten minutes and see if a time log appears. This is a great productivity tool for those of us who can get lost online.

Hiveminder, Rough Underbelly, ToDoList
All have potential as To Do Lists with task reminders. I'm a fan of Outlook Tasks--when I think to use it.

www.toodledo.com
Some people's favorite "not just simple" to doer.

I'm suffering from burnout.

No comments: